Arvada Associated Modelers (AAM) was formed to provide its members with facilities and a forum to safely engage in and promote the activities of radio-controlled (RC) aero-modeling. AAM also encourages and supports diversity in RC modeling through contests and special events. In order to safely conduct such events, Contest and Event Directors must apply and get approval and support from AAM for their activity.
The following five (5) steps describes the process by which a Contest or Event Director (CD or ED) must apply, get approval, and subsequently provide reporting of a contest or special event.
- Fill out the AAM Contest/Event Application and submit the completed form to the AAM Events Coordinator (EC).
The application must be received by the EC at least two (2) regularly scheduled, monthly AAM Board meetings in advance of the proposed Contest/Event dates.
- The CD/ED presents and discusses the proposed contest or event at an AAM Board meeting (at such time that the application is scheduled to be reviewed by Board Members).
Review of the application will be scheduled by the EC a minimum of two (2) Board meetings in advance of the proposed Contest/Event dates.
- The Board will review the application and may take immediate action or opt to postpone action until a subsequent Board meeting if additional information (relating to the Contest/Event) is needed. The Board may require the CD/ED to attend subsequent Board meetings in order to provide periodic updates or progress reports regarding the development and planning of the Contest/Event.
- The CD/ED will execute the Contest/Event.
- The CD/ED must complete the AAM Contest/Event Report and submit it to the AAM EC within seven (7) days after the Contest/Event has been concluded. The report must include all required information, receipts, monies, etc. as specified in the report form.
AMA Sanction and Other Forms and Resources
It is often advantageous (or required) for a contest or event to be officially sanctioned by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). In either case, the CD/ED is encouraged to apply to AMA to Sanction* their contest or event. Sanction and other AMA fees are reimbursable to the CD/ED by AAM.
AMA Sanction, Reporting, and Other Forms
- Application for Event Sanction
- Application for Insuring Flying Site Owners or Event Sponsors for AMA Sanctions
- Application for Insuring Flying Site Owners or Event Sponsors
- Application for Non-Flying Event Listing
- Contest Director’s Report (Form 10)
- Flight Safety Declaration Form
- Event Participation List (Form 11)
- FAI Events (Form 12)
*In order to be eligible to apply for an AMA Event Sanction, the CD/ED must be a recognized by AMA as a “Contest Director”. AMA Sanctioned contests or events also require reporting to AMA.
Links to AMA Contest Director Information and Application
Information and Assistance from AAM
The AAM Event Coordinator (EC) is the point of contact for additional information and questions regarding the application, approval, support, execution, and reporting for AAM contests and events. Articles, results, information, and pictures about the Contest/Event should be submitted to the AAM Newsletter Editor for publication. Support with specific field requirements and improvements should be directed to the AAM Field Marshall. Contact names and phone numbers are listed on the Board Members page or you may contact them via email.