With the temporary cancellation of Warbirds and Classics Over the Rockies, Chris Sussek has stepped up to organize a New Event!
Jets & Props Over Arvada
- Where: AAM East Field
- Open to all pilots. $50 pilot fee. Pilots under 18 are free
- Thursday-Saturday 10am-4pm (open flying outside of these hours)
- Dry camping is welcomed
- Open to the public for spectating.
- All types of aircraft and power allowed: Sport or scale, but minimum 80″ span for mono planes, 60″ for biplanes, all jets, 3d gassers, 3D electric etc. Pilots under 18 can fly any type size of RC plane.
- Several times a day as required, Normal Flight patterns will be suspended, for 3D (prop and turbine)
- Combat flying 4:oopm daily
- Night flying
- Tent space (limited) for overnight plane storage.
- Free dinner for pilots Friday and Saturday nights. ($10 for extra tickets)
- Water available.
- Food truck on site for lunch purchase Friday and Saturday.
- Pilots must have a spotter
- Ice Cream bars for sale!
- We may have some “demo” flights based on who’s available, and what they might want to show off.
Video montage: https://youtube.com/shorts/eUTytuUf4PQ?feature=share
More info: Chris Sussek (email@example.com). Also see Facebook page
Find out more »
Come join us at Long Lake Ranch Park for a float fly on Vern Lake. It’s free to watch and has a small landing fee for pilots. A small raft is also available if there are any “mishaps.” 2.4GHz frequency will only be allowed.
Contact the Events Coordinator for more information.
Find out more »
Arvada Modelers is hosting an “Open House” which will include FREE flight training and an informal Air Show featuring large scale models including Warbirds and Jet Turbines.
Free Flight Training – West Field
FREE flight training will be available at the West Field (see map). During flight training individuals can experience the thrill and excitement of flying an actual radio control (RC) model. Everyone, including children of all ages, can take a no risk, no obligation introductory flight with a certified Instructor using a Club training plane and buddy box. Flying an RC airplane is easier than ever before. You will experience RC flying using the very latest equipment and technology which is designed to make learning easy and fun. Students will enjoy flying in a fun, safe and zero-pressure environment.
Free Air Show – East Field
A FREE Air Show will be held at the East Field (see map). The Air Show will feature expert pilots, giant scale models, replica Warbirds, real turbine jets, radical helicopters and a variety of other, unique radio-control models. On display will be some of the largest and best models in Colorado. These pilots will be performing aerobatics, formation flying, tricks and stunts and feature expertly crafted scale models. This is a chance to experience RC model flying at its very finest and from the best pilots in Colorado. Spectators will also have the chance to get up close to the models and be able to ask builders and flyers questions about their models.
Find out more »